It is a generally understandable theory that a person having addiction treatment is sure to experience relapse. In present times, the statement isn’t fully true as there are ample therapies to evade relapse issues and leave behind addiction permanently.
Relapse happens mainly due to addicted person feeling mentally disturbed and physically uncomfortable. Thus, they entice to adopt the old ways of addiction. While we are referring to the triggers that contribute to onset of relapse, firstly need to know more about relapse.
Few lines on relapse and its occurrence:
In simple words, we can define relapse because when an addicted person again tries to indulge in using the abused substance after a period of not taking the substances. This relates to less chances of recovering from addiction. There are addicted persons experiencing relapse more times and some don’t at all. Sometimes even after fully completing the treatment in the rehab centers, the patient after a while may start consuming the abused material.
Relapse plays hindrance in getting treated for addiction easily and in a quick way. Thus, multiple ways are adapted by the rehab centers health care staff to evade relapse occurrence while treating the patient. The most effective way is to identify the triggers and find ways to overcome them.
Few common triggers and ways to prevent in spoiling your detoxification treatment:
- Feeling extreme emotions. Negative thoughts completely make them feel fully lost and they feel no hope to lead life like a normal person. The fear of darkened future makes them to have the drug or alcohol back to live in the world of illusion.
- Counseling sessions and to keep them physically and mentally active is the only solution to prevent depressing thoughts from clogging their desire to stay away from addiction.
- Stress – People usually consume alcohol or drugs due to stressful life. They easily fall prey to depressive thoughts, and thus anxiety and stress don’t help them to lead a normal life. Moreover, when they face any kind of problems financially, in family or even have any issues in their love relationship there are ample chances of relapse. To evade stress they like to use substance that make them feel loss of sense.
Therapists need to make them understand that abused substances may provide temporary relief from feeling bad however it spoils their health gravely.
- Influences of outside environment. This is a major cause for people to again loving to consume unhealthy substances again.
- Their socializing spectrum needs to be totally changed to stay away from influences. Seminars and group discussions will surely help them to understand there wrong doings and navigate them to wade away the desire to use alcohol, drug or tobacco.
- Celebration mode. Yes, it may be unbelievable nonetheless it is the truth. People again start having alcohol or drugs to celebrate their promotions and other good happenings in their life. Once tasted they aren’t able to stop themselves in having the non healthy habitual elements again and again.
The need to join in good reputable rehab centers is mandatory to remain safe from relapse. Thus log on to https://therecover.com/centers/. Your worries about disadvantageous treatment will surely end once you have references of popular rehab centers in the US.