Teeth whitening continue to be the most sought-after cosmetic dental procedure. Who doesn’t like brighter teeth? Very few are blessed with brilliant pearly-white teeth and just like with our hair and skin, our teeth are prone to discoloration. The surface of the teeth can get discolored due to a handful of reasons and teeth whitening help in eliminating stains.
What causes teeth staining?
There are a number of reasons your teeth could have a dull appearance including:
- Caffeine consumption: Consuming tea or coffee on a regular basis could stain teeth.
- Smoking: All tobacco products stain your teeth.
- Poor eating habits: Consuming certain unhealthy foods that are rich in acidic level and sugar-content interferes with the color of your teeth. Some of the foods that could cause stains are fruit juices, tea/ coffee, tomato-based sauce, beetroot and red wine.
- Aging: Our teeth tend to discolor with age. Many start seeing changes after late 20s which could also be due to genetics or lifestyle.
- Xerostomia (Dry mouth): When a person has low saliva level, their teeth’s enamel receives less nourishment.
- Antibiotics: There are few antibiotics that destroy teeth’s enamel especially when administered to children less than 8 years.
- Tartar: Plaque buildup results in tartar and causes teeth discoloration.
If you are looking for reputable dentists in your area for teeth whitening services, visit https://dentist-pro.com/. This is a US dentist directory, which lets you easily find best dentists in your location. You can use their search engine to browse the list of dentists in your city depending on the dental procedure you are looking for.
Your dentist would examine your teeth and let you know which whitening procedure works best for you. He/ she would also advise you regarding the oral hygiene practices, which would keep your teeth, look bright in the long run.
Benefits of tooth whitening:
- Boosts confidence: The first aspect many will notice about a person is their smile. Stained teeth may feel like an embarrassment during social situations. Teeth whitening restores the color of and you don’t have to worry about your smile anymore.
- Younger-look: White teeth makes a person look younger and healthier. White teeth obviously make you feel more confident about your smile and you tend to smile more in pictures and in person, which makes you look younger.
- Best way to whiten teeth: Unlike other methods like crown and veneers that loses some amount of tooth structure, whitening doesn’t involve any procedures that interfere with the tooth structure.
- Easy maintenance: In a matter of 30 minutes, you can whiten your teeth using a whitening gel and custom-made tray. You’ll be required to refrain from consuming certain stain-inducing foods/ beverages and smoking tobacco for about 24 hours.
- Improved oral health: People who undergo regular tooth whitening have improved oral health. Whiter teeth keep them motivated to follow good oral practices like brushing and flossing twice a day which in turn keep their teeth healthy.
Stained teeth can cause a lot of discomfort to your self-esteem. Get professional teeth whitening done to eliminate your social inhibitions.